11 May Join Us for AAPI Day Against Bullying+Hate
POSTED MAY 11, 2020
Join Us for AAPI Day Against Bullying+Hate
JOIN US FOR A NATIONWIDE RECOGNITION OF THE 2ND ANNUAL ASIAN AMERICAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER (AAPI) DAY AGAINST BULLYING + HATE ON MAY 18.
Act To Change is rallying the nation — including cities, elected officials, influencers, and community organizations — around the second annual AAPI Day Against Bullying+Hate on May 18, 2020.
With bullying, discrimination, and hate crimes against Asian Americans on the rise during Covid-19, it’s more important now than ever that we stand up to xenophobia and racism. Act To Change’s day-of virtual program, UNITED WE STAND, will commemorate this day with special guests and performances.
Moderated by Maulik Pancholy, Actor, Author, & Co-Founder of Act To Change.
Special guests include:
- Tan France, TV Personality
- Lisa Ling, Journalist
- John Cho, Actor
- Padma Lakshmi, Food Expert & Author
- Kal Penn, Actor, Producer & former Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Randall Park, Actor, Writer & Producer
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and First Lady Chirlane McCray
- Jose Antonio Vargas, Founder, Define American
- Helen Zia, Author/Activist
- Poorna Jagannathan, Actor, Netflix’s Never Have I Ever
- Hudson Yang, Actor, Fresh Off the Boat
- Celia Au and Lawrence Kao, Actors, Wu Assassins
- Punam Patel, Actor, Netflix’s SPECIAL
- Congresswoman Grace Meng (NY-06)
- Bing Chen, Chairman, Gold House & General Partner, AUM Group
- Michelle Lee, Editor in Chief, Allure
More details at acttochange.org/dayagainstbullying.