Act to Change is the only national group with a primary focus on bullying prevention among youth that identify as AAPI, Sikh, Muslim, LGBTQ+, and/or as immigrants. We work with an interdisciplinary approach that spans education, public health, and civil rights.After a successful three years, the organization is excited to hire its first Executive Director. Reporting Directly to the board, the Executive Director will serve as the key management leader of Act To Change. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, administration, and fundraising of the organization.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Organizational Strategy and Leadership
- Operations Management
- External Leadership and Fundraising
- Board Engagement
- 5+ years senior nonprofit management experience
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
Location: New York City, Washington DC, or Los Angeles
Read more about Act To Change and a full list of responsibilities in the PDF below.